Kill the Messenger










One Degree Book Bubble #16

Kill the Messenger

Excerpt Chapter 9

"What Matt discovered was that in the seventies across the US medical spectrum, in the printed news, and on national television, there were deluded attempts to explain this new and challenging medical problem. The fanciful false proclamations of a speedy investigation to resolve this disease’s transmission to reassure the public were a smoke screen. Our nation’s citizens were fearful of contracting this dreaded disease. TV talking heads inflamed emotions by proposing, “Was it spread by breathing the same air, eating contaminated food, having sex, sitting on a public toilet, or being in contact with an infected carrier of the disease?”

Alarmists proclaimed, “The public must avoid contact with those perceived to be infected by this disease.”


As a result, in addition to the name calling, egg throwing, and spitting, the returning Vietnam veteran was further shunned and isolated. Schools, businesses, workplaces, movies, restaurants, motels, and other gathering places were becoming off-limits to those who served in Vietnam. A societal disaster was developing. Where would our Vietnam veterans work, eat, toilet, sleep, or attend college? Would not the currently difficult reintegration of the stigmatized Vietnam veteran into US society be made more difficult? An irrational defensive mode gripped the nation’s populace."



Author's Insight


The disease is a figment of my imagination. But, the abusive treatment of returning Vietnam veterans is so awfully true.

The fact that the January 31, 1968 TET Offensive was planned and successfully executed by the VC and NVA imploded the disseminated US myth that the “good guys” were winning.

Our proficient guerrilla opponents had fiercely attacked throughout the entire length and breath of South Vietnam.

Intense bloody fighting erupted resulting in major numbers of casualties on both sides. The “good guys” prevailed but we did not win.

We are so powerful! How could this happen? Why are our leaders pursuing this mutilating, immoral, and deadly action? 

By then there 40,000 KIA.

The antiwar sentiment became a movement. Walter Cronkite’s pessimistic broadcast fueled the flames. 

The killing of innocent civilians increased. Collateral damage. No way were their “hearts and minds” ever to be won over.


The public’s twisted conclusion placed the blame on those fighting in the Vietnam War quagmire. They were an easy target, especially entering the airports when returning home. Awarded with all the acts I described, including physical violence. 

The word spread that an immediate trip to the bathroom for a change of clothes was the best protection. 


These young adults, average twenty-two, were already devastated and confused by their wartime actions. Now, a total rejection by their country.







 

Comments

  1. I contacted doctorojie1@yahoo.com because i as depressed and confused about my health condition, but after taking dr Ojie herbal medicine my health was restored, and since the past mouths now things as been fine and OK as I have always wanted Dr Ojie also have medicine for Cancer, fibroid, Diabetic, hepatic, and herpes dick and breast enlargement you can also Call or Whatsapp dr Ojie on +2349015357322 thank you all....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure ten
      years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a
      lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was
      waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great
      man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him,
      unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he
      prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the
      end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i
      went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought
      it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my
      friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr voodoo after the treatment she
      was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i
      want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his
      email address, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i want you to email him he
      is a great man. the government is also interested in this Dr voodoo
      thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify
      for your good work you can also add him on whatsApp
      +2348140120719

      Delete
  2. I contacted doctorojie1@yahoo.com because i as depressed and confused about my health condition, but after taking dr Ojie herbal medicine my health was restored, and since the past mouths now things as been fine and OK as I have always wanted Dr Ojie also have medicine for Cancer, fibroid, Diabetic, hepatic, and herpes dick and breast enlargement you can also Call or Whatsapp dr Ojie on +2349015357322 thank you all.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Herpes Simplex Virus by this by Dr voodoo and she also gave the email address of this man and advise anyone to contact him for any kind of problem that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr voodoo telling him about my (Herpes Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Though i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr voodoo assured me, after some time i went to my doctor for test and it confirmed that i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends if anyone have such problem and need help contact Dr voodoo on his email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. Silver and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Silver telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Silver (drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address ( drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com you can contact him also on whatsapp +2348120513902

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing published books by Gus Kappler, MD

Nurses